How To Use Hair Serum : The Do's And Don'ts Of Using Hair Serum
Is your hair getting all dry and dull? Can we use hair serum daily? Or maybe you are wondering if hair serum can be used for straightening? We will answer all your questions regarding hair serum. If you are looking for magic and want to fix all your hair damage that hairstyling and intense heat has caused then choose a hair serum to make those tresses feel loved and pampered. It’s time to fix your hair care routine by adding another step of applying hair growth serum. A great hair growth serum for women can help you make your hair strong, shiny and smooth. Hair serum is the most nourishing styling product that you can choose to apply as the right kind of hair serum can also help you straighten your hair. Even it depends on the serum formulation but generally, good hair serum is made to derive the following benefits:
If you can resonate with any of these hair issues then trying out a hair serum is a must. But here is the catch, even application of hair serum might not look rocket science to you but it’s often done wrong by a lot of people. Here we have got your back, we will walk you through the do’s and don’t of hair serum along with other necessary information that can help you to fix your hairs with ease.
Pro Tip: Before you choose to apply the best hair serum available for women, make sure to read the ingredients thoroughly. Avoid the hair serum if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Benefits of Hair Serum
Before we tell you the dos and don’ts of applying the hair serum let’s educate ourselves about the benefits of hair serum. It’s essential that no matter what practice we make into our routine it should be done mindfully hence, before choosing to apply a serum one should know why he or she is planning to make it a part of their hair care regime.
- Our trees are full of static flyaways. With a hair serum, you can easily tame the static hairs and make them fall on your shoulder beautifully.
- If you have dull and dry hair then a good hair serum will help your hair look shiny and smooth.
- It’s great for that uncontrolled volume as a good hair serum will sleek your hair down making them look uniform and under control.
- Applying a serum before styling can help you protect your hair from unnecessary excess heat.
- As the heatwaves are a common phenomenon so is the hair being hampered due to the attack of UV rays on your hair making them harsh. Here is where a good hair serum can be very helpful if you want to guard your hair against direct sun rays, dirt and pollutants.
- Consistent use of hair serum can also reverse the effect of direct sun rays, dirt and pollutants. Consistency matters and can also do wonders.
Pro Tip: If you are dealing with any particular hair issues then consult a doctor before you choose to apply any random hair serum.
Hair Serum Do’s & Don’t
Warning! Even though applying a hair care product might seem easy, there is always a right way to do it. Sadly, a lot of us are unaware of the right way to apply the serum and all our serum goes down the drain without us even knowing it.
Here is a quick list of dos and don'ts one must make sure to follow before you apply the hair serum.
Hair Serum Do’s: Do it right
As Anne Marie sings “If you wanna do it, do it right”. We agree with her. So, let’s get rolling on a quick checklist of hair serum.
1. Do: Find the perfect match
It goes unsaid that before you apply anything to your body, find what suits you the best. Start with looking for the best hair serum, check the ingredient and see if all the ingredients suit you or not. Just Google “onion hair serum” and you are good to go for excellent research.
Don’t: Avoid expert
If you have some hair issues it’s a mistake to not consult an expert. Please seek professionals’ help before you get the hair serum for yourself. It’s necessary to make sure you choose what suits you to avoid allergic reactions.
2. Do: Clean! Clean! Clean!
This is a mandatory step for your serum to spread its magic. Wash your hair thoroughly with your favourite shampoo. Dry your hair a little and there you are ready to apply the serum.
Don’t: Overuse Serum
If you use more than a few drops then it might make your hair look all greasy and oily. Hence, always keep the quantity of your hair serum less.
3. Do: UV Protection
Just like our skin needs sunscreen, so does our hair need protection from the daily heat, dirt, and pollution exposure. Cover those tresses with hair serum and protect your hair right.
Don’t: Apply on Scalp
It’s a myth that hair serum can boost hair growth. It’s not a hair oil and shouldn’t be applied to the scalp. It will only make hair oily dissolving the real purpose of your hair serum
Apply hair serum like salon professionals
Here is a quick guide that can help you apply a serum effectively. Follow the step-by-step guide and make the most use of your serum by using it right.
- Clean your hair and make sure they are damp before you apply the serum.
- Take a few drops of your favorite hair serum, and rub it in your hands for a few seconds not more than 10-15 seconds.
- It’s important to apply the air serum evenly hence part your hair into small sections.
- Now dab the hair serum in the parted sections but make sure you don’t apply it to the roots or the scalp.
- After you are done apply the hair serum evenly then take a comb with a slightly wide tooth and brush them smoothly. These steps help in spreading the serum evenly.
- Now you are ready to roll or style your hair further hence it can now fight the excess heat easily.
After reading everything about hair serum you are ready to buy your favorite serum and device the benefits of the same. Go get rolling!